7.22.2015

Cool for Culottes {And Bull Run Winery!}

Three things I absolutely love:
1. Jumpsuits
2. Wide leg anything
3. Wine

So, when all three are thrown together in one day, c l e a r l y it's a good dang day.

 

But enough about my awesome day - let's stop and talk for one second about culottes. Back in my day {mimics grandparent}, culottes were called gauchos, and try as I might I just couldn't pull them off. Gauchos were known for making you even shorter & stouter than your original form - they had powers of pure black magic. No one, I repeat, no one looked good in gauchos, unless your name was Gisele Bundchen and you were 7 feet tall.  

But now, NOW, "gauchos" are back, and they are proportioned much better, so even the shorties like me can rock them. {Note to fellow shorties: you're going to want to throw on some wedges or a little heel with these. Again, we're no Gisele.} I may or may not have up to five pairs of cool culottes now {guilty}...

 

Oh, let's add a fourth thing I love to this day's line-up: crown braids. Half crown braids, to be exact. {Check out a crown braid how-to over on Fashion Washington, by yours truly!}

 
Culotte jumpsuit: Urban Outfitters {no longer available!} but similar {irony that they call it a gaucho jumpsuit...get with it UO!}, similar & yahhhss please // Belt: American Eagle {oldie} but similar // Wedge: So old that I don't remember {eek, sorry!} but similar & similar in tan {and s u p e r on sale!!} // Layered necklace: Nordstrom Rack {in store}, similar & love {ahem, want} // Bracelet: Bravelets & miscellaneous stackables like these & these // Ring: Again, super duper old, but nearly the same on Etsy

Aside from my culotte obsession, this day also introduced me to another new obsession: Winery at Bull Run! I consider myself to be quite the DMV winery-er and this has quickly jumped to the top of my list. Hidden in the hills of Centreville, VA, this winery has so many unique elements that have made it a new fav. Delicious wines, breathtaking scenery, an "adults only" side {there's a fun side for families with kiddos, too!}, live music, the smell of enticing food truck fare & hilarious photo op setups {scroll down for our I Love Lucy moment...}. It's a must visit {again, and again, and again...}!

 

{Note: no grapes were harmed in these pictures. Also note: plenty of grapes, in the form of wine, were consumed before these pictures...}

  

XO,
Nik 

2 comments:

  1. You are adorable! Love your outfit. And I cannot wait to drink wine again ;-)

    XO,

    Gina

    popcornandpandas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, doll!! Omgosh, I bet you're counting down the days :-D {I know I would be...}

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.